Attached, please find the Commission’s call for nominations for one of its open seats -2018-2020 term; the informational document attached provides important information regarding what service on the Commission involves.
The Commission on Accreditation (CoA) of the American Psychological Association has a vacancy for one of its Open Seats. The seat is for a three-year, non-renewable term (January 1, 2018—December 31, 2020). There is no honorarium for CoA membership, although all travel expenses are reimbursed.
- In accordance with its Policies for Accreditation Governance (Implementing Regulation A.1), the CoA has determined that the individual for this Open Seat must be a psychologist who has appropriate experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge of, and professional experience in postdoctoral residency training;
- Prior experience and knowledge of APA accreditation matters; examples of such experience include, but are not limited to:
- Current or former director/administrator for an APA-accredited program
- Experience as a CoA site visitor.
Nominees must also be willing and are expected to attend all CoA meetings, held in the Washington, DC area. Nominees are strongly encouraged to hold the 2018 meeting dates should they be selected. The dates for the 2018 meetings are as follows:
- New member/liaison program review training: Feb 7
- CoA Policy meeting: Feb 8 – 11
- Spring meeting: April 12 – 15
- Summer meeting: July 19 – 22
- Fall meeting: October 25 – 28
Nominations must include the candidate’s current curriculum vitae (CV) and a statement of interest which directly addresses how the candidate meets the qualifications outlined above.
Self-nominations are welcome. Those nominating others are asked to assure the nominee’s willingness to serve by including the nominee’s letter of interest.
Please send nomination materials electronically to the APA Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation at email@example.com no later than Friday, August 25, 2017. Further questions regarding the duties and qualifications of CoA members may be directed to the Office at the e-mail address listed above.
Three (3) nominations for the Open Seat will be forwarded by the CoA Executive Committee to the APA Board of Educational Affairs (BEA) for their selection. The BEA will notify the nominee directly of his/her appointment to the CoA in late Fall 2017.
Download this document as a .pdf: Call for Open Seat, 2018-2020