Fall 2017: Volume 73, Number 2
Psychological Volunteers needed to help WA Asylum Seekers
This year WSPF partnered with Refugees Northwest who provide mental health services to our state’s asylum-seekers and refugees. We have helped recruit 40+ volunteers to date, however we still need more! With recent restrictions on refugee acceptance in the U.S., more individuals are seeking safety through asylum.
Refugees Northwest receives 40 asylum evaluation requests each month! They need volunteers, they need YOU.
- Clinical license required.
- Minimum commitment requested: 2 evaluations per year.
- All training provided.
Email Beth Farmer for questions and volunteer registration at firstname.lastname@example.org
Food and Winter Clothing Drive for Refugees in WA
Fundraising Goal: $1,000 ** Donate online Here **
Asylum seekers are not eligible to work or receive governmental assistance for food stamps until they are granted asylum, a minimum duration of 6 months following their arrival in Washington. Many are homeless and in dire need of food. Refugees Northwest currently serves 200 individuals in need of food. Help us provide this basic need to help ease their transition.
Winter Clothing Drive Donations:
December 1st – January 5th at the following locations:
- WeWork (Holyoke, SLU, Olive Way)
- Bastyr Center for Natural Health
- Seattle Spine & Sports Medicine
- Seattle Psychology (Queen Anne)
Who we are
- WSPF is a non-profit organization seeking to empower Washington State’s most vulnerable residents through connection to resources, community-building, and creation of partnerships with psychology.
- We are affiliated with the Washington State Psychological Association (WSPA), the state’s professional organization for psychologists.
- Washington State Psychological Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. Your gift, in most cases, is tax deductible, please check with your tax advisor.
Want to get involved?
- Become a WSPF Member or join our mailing list: WSPFoundation@gmail.com
- Follow us on Facebook & share your thoughts: facebook.com/WSPFoundation
- We operate on a very limited budget—Please Donate Here to keep us going!