Fall 2016: Volume 72, Number 2
Applications Now Being Accepted for
2017 Psychologically Healthy Workplace
by Jenny Martin
Washington State Psychological Association, in partnership with Conscious Capitalism Seattle, is currently accepting applications for the 2017 Psychologically Healthy Workplace Awards. Supported by the American Psychological Association, the award program recognizes organizations that demonstrate a commitment to people-centered workplace culture.
“Employers are beginning to realize that a positive, caring workplace culture directly impacts their success in retaining and attracting top quality talent,” says Dr. Jennifer Martin, State Award Program Chair and President of Conscious Capitalism Seattle. “This award recognizes organizations that value and demonstrate a caring, people-centered culture. We hope the organizations we honor can serve as models for other employers.”
Award winners will be honored at a special program event and may be featured in media outlets, recognized by community leaders and nominated for national accolades.
- Demonstrate commitment to the well-being of employees
- Attract and retain top-quality talent
- Engage employees
- Enhance organizational performance
- Control healthcare costs
Steps for Applying for the APA’s Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award in Washington State:
- Register online at http://www.apaexcellence.org/applynow (Deadline: 12/31/16)
- Complete the PHWA Application, which asks questions about your organizational policies and practices and asks you to complete a short essay (Deadline 12/31/16)
- Complete the Organizational Practices Questionnaire. This may take a few hours and you will want to involve other people from your organization in the completion of it and include data to support your claims (e.g., employee turnover)
- (Deadline 1/31/17)
- Send a link to your employee questionnaire to your entire workforce
- (Deadline 2/15/17)
- Schedule a site visit for a team of psychologists to come to your organization and meet with employees, see your worksite, etc.
- (Deadline 3/15/17)
To learn more about the award program, employers can visit www.phwa.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for entries is December 31, 2016.
About Conscious Capitalism Seattle
WE ARE ON A MISSION TO REDEFINE SUCCESS IN BUSINESS. We foster awareness of the principles of Conscious Capitalism. This is not just a more meaningful way to conduct business; research has shown it to be more profitable. Conscious Capitalism in an international movement, with chapters from the Bay Area to Brazil, from New York to New Zealand; and Seattle, a vibrant capitalism crossroads where we expect this very Cascadian ethic to take especially strong root. Learn more at: www.consciouscapitalismseattle.org